- Ubhaya Padangusthasana
- Both Big Toe Pose
- Last challenge
- Feets N Cheeks
Contrary to popular belief, this is not another variation of Boat Pose. The English designation is ”Both Big Toe Pose” and not ”Bound Boat”.
Prepare with Boat pose. This one is much harder to balance, roughly similar to a boat pose on a Bosu ball, making preparations important for muscle memory. The full pose with wide legs is also a rotational equivalent to seated wide-legged forward fold, wide-legged forward fold D and fire hydrant pose.
Sanskrit is Ubhaya Padangusthasana.
How to do Ubhaya Padangusthasana
- Warm up with standing and seated forward fold
- Hold half boat with bent knees and hands on knees for support
- Advance to half boat with bent knees with hands off
- Advance to full boat, i.e. extended legs
- Grab your feet and extend your legs fully as in boat pose
- Spread legs and arms for the full pose