Niralamba Jathara Padmasana
- Niralamba Jathara Padmasana
- Unsupported Abdominal Lift Lotus Pose
- Last challenge
- Yogis Connection 2
Niralamba Jathara Padmasana or Unsupported Abdominal Lift Lotus Pose is more commonly just known as unsupported shoulderstand lotus. Similarly to lotus in tripod headstands, you can opt for forming lotus on ground or in air.
Benefits of Niralamba Jathara Padmasana include strengthening of torso and improved body balance and posture.
While not a commonly known designation, it is featured in a New York Times best selling book, 2100 Asanas.
How to do Niralamba Jathara Padmasana
- Warm up with forward folds and hip openers
- Form a regular shoulder stand
- Make sure torso makes a vertical line in addition to your legs and hold for eight breaths
- Enter plow pose and hold for eight breaths
- Enter ear pressure pose and hold for eight breaths
- Return to shoulder stand
- Form a lotus in air while keeping that vertical torso from step 3
- Slow and carefully place hands on your knees